TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The participation fee includes:
- Full attendance to every session during the 3 days of the conference
- Lunch, tea breaks during the 3 days of the conference
- Cocktails and entertainment
- Conference kit
- The conference fee does not include any other attendance-related costs such as international and/or domestic travel costs, visa costs, accommodation and per diem.
- If necessary, the organizers will provide assistance regarding logistical arrangements (e.g. providing a list of accommodation options, drafting invitation letters for visa application purposes).
- The “early bird fee” will be applied until the 31st of July 2017 (inclusive) and is set at 2640 ZAR per participant
- The “regular fee” will be applied from the 1st of August to the 15th of September 2017 (inclusive) and is set at 3300 ZAR per participant
- The “late registration fee” will be applied from the 16th of September to the 8th of October 2017 (inclusive) and is set at 3960 ZAR per participant
- Payment can be made through the following payment methods, and upon approval of the present T&Cs:
- MyGate secured online payment platform (the Proof of Payment will be automatically shared with the organizers by the system)
- PayPal (using the link: https://www.paypal.me/GravitazzCI) – the Proof of Payment will be automatically shared with the organizers by the system)
- Bank transfer/EFT/Cash deposit to the following account:
FIRST NATIONAL BANK (FNB)Account Name: GRAVITAZZ CONTINENTAL INITIATIVEAccount Number 62467365609Branch Number: 201510(The Proof of Payment will have to be sent by email at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- DELIVERY POLICY
- Once purchasing your place for the conference, an e-mail confirmation will be automatically sent to the email address provided to acknowledge that the registration and payment process was successful.
- Once registration and payment is finalized, your information will be added in the conference participants’ database.
- During the conference (between 07:00 and 09:00 AM, between October 23-25 2017), a registration booth will allow you to validate your presence against the participants’ database and pick up your conference delegate kit, which will include a name badge, a conference handbook, a conference bag, as well as other materials and documentation. Please note that you will only have to register on the first day of your attendance and not every other day that you attend the conference.
- CANCELLATION/REFUND POLICY
- In the event of GCI cancelling the Conference, all funds will be returned to the client within 30 (thirty) days from the date of the notification of cancellation. In such a case, no refund will be made with regards to other expenses (e.g. accommodation, transport, visa and other personal expenses).
- Delegates who find themselves unable to attend after submitting a registration form are welcome to nominate a substitute but must inform the organizers in writing no later than October 1, 2017.
- All cancellations must be received in writing by the Conference Secretariat no later than October 1, 2017. An administration fee of US $ 150 will be applicable.
- Cancellations received after October 1, 2017 are non-refundable.
- The organizers will not be liable in the event that the event is cancelled, postponed due to the fortuitous event, unforeseen occurrence, Act of God or any other event that might render this event impossible or impracticable. For the purpose of this clause, a fortuitous event shall include but not be limited to: war, death, fire, strike, extreme weather or other emergency.
- The programme of the Conference and list of speakers are subject to change without notice.
The personal information provided in the registration form will remain confidential and shall only serve the organizers in sourcing statistics with regards to the profile of the delegates and helping the planning of the conference (e.g. name tags, dietary requirements, accessibility requirements and interpretation requirements).
- Definitions and Interpretation
- “ACECD” means the Africa Conference on Economic Costs of Disasters.
- “GCI” means the Gravitazz Continental Initiative.
- “Personal Information” means information relating to an identifiable, living, natural person and where it is applicable, identifiable, existing juristic person, including all information as defined in the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013.
- “Processing” means the creation, generation, communication, storage, destruction of personal information as more fully defined in the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013.
- “You” or the “user” means any person who accesses and browses this website for any purpose.
- “Website” means the website of GCI’s ACECD at URL www.gravitazzacecd.com.
- Status and Amendments
- Processing of Personal Information
3.1. By providing your personal information to GCI you acknowledge that it has been collected directly from you and consent to its processing by GCI.
3.2. Where you submit Personal Information (such as name, address, telephone number and email address) via the website (e.g. through completing any online form) the following principles are observed in the processing of that information:
3.2.1. GCI will only collect personal information for a purpose consistent with the purpose for which it is required. The specific purpose for which information is collected will be apparent from the context in which it is requested.
3.2.2. GCI will only process personal information in a manner that is adequate, relevant and not excessive in the context of the purpose for which it is processed.
3.2.3. Personal information will only be processed for a purpose compatible with that for which it was collected, unless you have agreed to an alternative purpose in writing or GCI is permitted in terms of national legislation of general application dealing primarily with the protection of personal information.
3.2.4. GCI will keep records of all personal Information collected and the specific purpose for which it was collected for a period of 1 (one) year from the date on which it was last used.
3.2.5. GCI will not disclose any personal information relating to you to any third party unless your prior written agreement is obtained or GCI is required to do so by law.
3.2.6. If personal information is released with your consent GCI will retain a record of the information released, the third party to which it was released, the reason for the release and the date of release, for a period of 1 (one) year from the date on which it was last used.
3.2.7. GCI will destroy or delete any personal information that is no longer needed by GCI for the purpose it was initially collected, or subsequently processed.
3.3. Note that, as permitted by the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 25 of 2002, GCI may use personal information collected to compile profiles for statistical purposes. No information contained in the profiles or statistics will be able to be linked to any specific user.
- Collection of anonymous data
4.1. GCI may use standard technology to collect information about the use of this website. This technology is not able to identify individual users but simply allows the GCI to collect statistics.
4.2. GCI may utilise temporary or session cookies to keep track of users’ browsing habits. A cookie is a small file that is placed on your hard drive in order to keep a record of your interaction with this website and facilitate user convenience.
4.2.1. Cookies by themselves will not be used to identify users personally but may be used to compile statistics relating to use of services offered or to provide GCI with feedback on the performance of this website.
4.2.2. The following classes of information may be collected in respect of users who have enabled cookies:
184.108.40.206. The browser software used;
220.127.116.11. IP address;
18.104.22.168. Date and time of activities while visiting the website;
22.214.171.124. URLs of internal pages visited; and
4.3. If you do not wish cookies to be employed to customize your interaction with this website it is possible to alter the manner in which your browser handles cookies. Please note that, if this is done, certain services on this website may not be available.
5.1. GCI takes reasonable measures to ensure the security and integrity of information submitted to or collected by this website, but cannot under any circumstances be held liable for any loss or other damage sustained by you as a result of unlawful access to or dissemination of any personal information by a third party.
- Links to other websites